| ||Expressions, Types, and Functions - slide 29 : 46|
String is an array-like data structure of fixed size with elements of type character.
- The string and vector types have many similar functions
- A number of functions allow lexicographic comparisons of strings:
- string=?, string<?, string<=?, ...
- There are case-independent, ci, versions of the comparison functions.
- The substring function extracts a substring of a string
Like lists, strings are important for many practical purposes, and it is therefore important to familiarize yourself with the
string functions in Scheme