| ||Programming Paradigms - slide 2 : 8|
It is interesting and useful to investigate the meaning of the word 'paradigm'
An example that serves as pattern or model.
A philosophical and theoretical framework of a scientific school or discipline within which theories,
laws, and generalizations and the experiments performed in support of them are formulated
- Programming paradigm (in this course)
- A pattern that serves as a school of thoughts for programming of computers
- Programming technique
- Related to an algorithmic idea for solving a particular class of problems
- Examples: 'Divide and conquer' and 'program development by stepwise refinement'
- Programming style
- The way we express ourselves in a computer program
- Related to elegance or lack of elegance
- Programming culture
- The totality of programming behavior, which often is tightly related to a family of programming languages
- The sum of a main paradigm, programming styles, and certain programming techniques.