| ||Linguistic abstraction - slide 19 : 22|
Why 'Lisp in Lisp'
Why do we study an implementation of Scheme in Scheme?
- To illustrate the idea of linguistic abstraction in Lisp
- Lisp is both the implementation language and the new language
- To understand the overall principles of interpreters
- To illustrate the use of important Lisp implementation concepts, such as environments
- To provide a playground that provides for easy experimentation with the semantics of Scheme
We will refer to a concrete Scheme implementation from the book 'Structure and Interpretation of Computer Programs' (SICP).